Get Out: First Friday, Armenian Food Festival and More
What's going on in and around Roxborough and Manayunk this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Friday and Saturdays, November 2 & 3, 9 & 10, and 16 & 17 at 8 pm; Sundays, November 11 & 18 at 2 pm
- Where: Old Academy Players, 3544 Indian Queen Ln, Philadelphia
- Why Go: It's the opening weekend of PRIVATE LIVES, a play written by Noel Coward, directed by Barbara Pease Weber and produced by Terri Bateman & Brenna McBride. The play is about when a divorced couple discovers that they and their new spouses are honeymooning at the same hotel. Their meeting reminds them why they fell in love in the first place, and why they can't stand to be together. Filled with wicked, witty coward repartee!
- Cost: $15
- When: Friday, Nov.2 at 10:30 a.m., 12:45 p.m. and 4 p.m.
- Where: Roxborough Library
- Why Go: Merge Dance Studio is offering 3 free classes for children at the Roxborough Library on Friday, November 2nd. These classes are open to all children in the community and will last about 50 minutes. Siblings are welcome, and parents can join in, but activities in each class will be geared for the age groups listed. For the schedule of ages and dance time, please visit the calendar. Dress comfortably and be ready to move!
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Nov. 2 and Saturday, Nov. 3
- Where: Saint Gregory The Illuminator Armenian Apostolic Church, 8701 Ridge Ave, Philadelphia
- Why Go: Come out for the Annual Armenian Food Festival featuring traditional, Armenian/Middle Eastern cuisine including shish kebab, savory cheese pastry, stuffed grape leaves, Armenian meatballs and an enticing assortment of desserts. Take-out is available. Be sure to visit the Country Store as many menu items are available to take home pre-packaged and frozen. Children's entertainment both nights. Ample seating.
- Cost: Free
- When: Sunday, Nov. 4 at 8 a.m.
- Where: Manayunk Brewery 4120 Main St, Philadelphia
- Why Go: Enjoy a morning along Philadelphia's Schuylkill River in Manayunk, starting with a 5K Run on the Towpath, or Browse the shops of Manayunk on a Main Street Stroll, or Speed Walk your way up and down Main Street! Either way, end your Run/Stroll/Walk at Manayunk Brewing Company’s outside upper deck overlooking the Sckuylkill River. Plenty of refreshments and entertainment to replenish you after your morning activity. Fun morning for the whole family! Face Painting, Street Entertainers & More!
- Cost: $30
- When: Friday, Nov. 2 from 5 - 9 p.m.
- Where: Participating Merchants on Main Street and Side Streets from Shurs Lane to Green Lane
- Why Go: Enjoy a special evening in Manayunk by browsing the art galleries, shopping in unique and specialty stores and eating dinner at one of the amazing restaurants. Some of the specials this month include an an artist reception at The Spiral Bookcase, a Manayunk Greenworks Reopening Party, and a Snowboard Tuning Clinic. For up to the minute information on special happenings, visit their Facebook page.
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Nov. 2 from 1 - 4 p.m. and Saturday, Nov. 3 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Where: 8200 Germantown Ave (former site of Magarity Ford)
- Why Go: Tour six of the most spectacular kitchens in Chestnut Hill. On Friday, enjoy tastings from area bakeries and shops. On Saturday taste the culinary artistry of six sensational chefs from some of Chestnut Hill's finest restaurants. Pick up tickets at 8200 Germantown Avenue.
- Cost: $30 in advance; $35 at door