Get Out: Santa on Ice, Tree Lighting, Flea Market and More
What's going on in and around Roxborough and Manayunk this weekend.
Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from 1 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Canal View Park, Manayunk
- Why Go: From 1 - 4 p.m. on Saturday, watch as a sleigh is carved out of ice. Then hop in with Santa to get your picture taken. From 6 - 8 p.m. enjoy live music from B101, holiday performances, hot chocolate and the tree lighting in Canal View Park.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Where: Bethany Lutheran Church
- Why Go: Rain or shine, come out for the annual Christmas Flea Market. The flea market will be featuring Christmas items, books, household items, linens, jewelry, toys, a man cave and baked goods and food.
- Cost: Free
- When: Friday, Nov. 30 - Sunday, Dec. 2
- Where: Old Academy Players, 3544 Indian Queen Lane
- Why Go: Enjoy an evening of great singing and dancing along to the beautiful sounds of Andrew Lloyd Webber at the Old Academy Player's annual Holiday Show. Performances are at 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and at 2 p.m. on Sunday.
- Cost: $15
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from Noon – 4 p.m.
- Where: Valley Green Inn, Forbidden Drive in Wissahickon Valley Park
- Why Go: The Friends of the Wissahickon invite you to come decorate your own holiday wreath while enjoying chestnuts roasting on an open fire, hot apple cider, lunch, and a winter hike.
- Cost: $30 for adults, $10 for children, special family package for $75 for two adults and two children.