With the cold months already here, Roxborough and Manayunk's Philadelphia city councilman wants to better prep residents for a warm and cost-effective winter.
Councilman Curtis Jones, Jr. will host workshop Wednesday with the Energy Coordinating Agency and offer winterization tips.
The 6 p.m. free session takes place Dec. 5 at the Roxborough Hospital Auditorium, 5800 Ridge Ave.
Topics to be covered include:
- Reasons why energy prices are rising
- How you can conserve energy
- Education about energy saving materials
- Information about tax rebates, tax credits and new energy saving programs
- Provide referrals to existing energy conservation and assistance programs if needed
Brochures and materials on energy saving techniques will also be provided.
To attend please RSVP to Joshua Cohen at email@example.com.