The farm provided one suggestion on what to do with some peaches you may buy. Enjoy!
Peach Basil Ice Cream
2 cups finely chopped ripe peaches (about 5), peeled if you prefer.
1 cup fresh basil, thinly cut into strips
1 1/4 cups sugar
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 large eggs
2 cups heavy or whipping cream
1 cup milk
1. Combine the peaches, basil, 1/2 cup of the sugar, and the lemon juice in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours, stirring the mixture every 30 minutes.
2. Remove the basil-peach mixture from the refrigerator and drain the juice into another bowl. Return the peaches and basil to the refrigerator.
3. Whisk the eggs in a mixing bowl until light and fluffy, 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the remaining 3/4 cup sugar, a little at a time, then continue whisking until completely blended, about 1 minute more. Pour in the cream and milk and whisk to blend. Add the peach-basil juice and blend
4. Transfer the mixture to an ice cream maker and freeze following the manufacturer’s instructions.
5. After the ice cream stiffens (about 2 minutes before it is done), add the peaches, then continue freezing until the ice cream is ready.
The recipe makes a little over 1 quart. Credit for Recipe.