Roxborough-Manayunk Election Guide
The candidates, incumbents and issues that will be affecting Roxborough, Manayunk and Philadelphia at large
As we look ahead to November’s elections, Roxborough-Manayunk Patch is devoted to bring you the information you need about every race in town. Here's our start on the candidates and issues we'll be covering as November draws near. Bookmark this page for updates.
- President Barack Obama: The Democratic incumbent opened a campaign office in West Oak Lane in February.
- Presidential candidate Mitt Romney: Romney seems unlikely to beat Obama in heavily Democratic Philadelphia, but every vote will matter statewide in the perennial swing state of Pennsylvania.
- Rep. Pam DeLissio, 194th state House District: The first-term legislator, who holds frequent public hearings in her Philadelphia/Lower Merion district, was opposed in the primary and will face a Republican challenger, Linda M. Wolfe Bateman, in November.
- U.S. Rep. Chaka Fattah, 2nd U.S. House District: The district boundaries have changed for the longtime Democratic incumbent, who faces Republican Robert Allen Mansfield Jr. in November.
- David Freed, Republican candidate for Pennsylvania Attorney General: It's worth wondering whether Freed might benefit if Democratic voters in the 21st Ward don't respond as enthusiastically in November to nominee Kathleen Kane as they would have to Patrick Murphy. Murphy grabbed 63 percent of the local vote in the primary but lost to Kane statewide.