Restaurant chains are offering free meals for veterans in honor of Veterans Day 2012. Keep in mind three things to take advantage of these specials:
- Check with the restaurant ahead of your visit to make sure your local business is participating
- Ask what form of ID is needed to get the deal.
- Check the date of the offer. Veterans Day is Sunday, Nov. 11 but the federal holiday is being observed Monday, Nov 12.
In Roxborough, the closet location is the Andorra Applebee's at 8500 Henry Ave.
“Applebee’s is proud to take a leadership role in thanking the men and women who keep our neighborhoods safe,” said Jeff Warden, President and CEO of the Rose Group, the restaurant's parent company. “Veterans and active duty military are America’s real heroes.”
Throughout Philadelphia and the surrounding counties, Applebee’s is offering Veterans a special menu including some of its signature and favorite items, such as the:
- 7 oz. House Sirloin
- Bacon Cheddar Cheeseburger
- Chicken Tenders Platter
- Oriental Chicken Salad
- Three-Cheese Chicken Penne
- Fiesta Lime Chicken®
- Double Crunch Shrimp
Additionally, the Olive Garden on City Avenue in Bala Cynwyd is nearby.
There are many other military freebies available all year round, according to About.com/Freebies.
Visit About.com/Freebies for a complete list of free Veterans Day meals at Olive Garden, Denny's, Texas Roadhouse, Applebee's, TGI Friday's, Chili's and more.