Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
Women’s Night Out
- When: Thursday, Oct. 25 from 4 - 8 p.m.
- Where: The Salvation Army Roxborough Community Center
- Why Go: There will be over 35 women owned businesses and unique vendors on hand, including members, crafters, and artisans. It's a one stop shop. Items for sale will include: customized beaded jewelry, note cards, journals, Longaberger Baskets and Pottery, Avon, Tastefully Simple, Silpada Jewelry, vintage handmade and imported jewelry, crocheted and knitted items, handcrafted holiday items and decorations, sweet treats, plus much more. This fund-raiser supports the Soroptimist club’s service programs, including the Violet Richardson Award and the Women’s Opportunity Awards.
- Cost: Non-perishable food item
- When: Saturday, Oct. 27 from 10 a.m. - 8 p.m.
- Why Go: Bring the family and enjoy a day of Halloween fun with face painting, a costume contest, pumpkin painting, a costumed dog parade, family photos, live music and a dance performance. The event ends with a twilight screening of the Bela Lugosi Classic, Voodoo Man at 6 p.m. featuring a special guest appearance by Stella - Host of Saturday Night Dead, the Maneater from Manayunk! For schedule information, please visit The Friends of Pretzel Park website.
- Cost: Free
3rd Annual HallowYunk 5K & 1 Mile Fun Walk
- When: Saturday, Oct. 27 at 9 a.m.
- Why Go: A fun costumed run through downtown Manayunk. Prizes will be given out at Kildare’s Pub on Main Street after the race and 10% of proceeds from food and drink will go to benefit DePaul Catholic School in
- Cost: $30
- When: Saturday, Oct. 27 from noon - 4 p.m.
- Where: Main Street, Manayunk
- Why Go: Merchants with a fall display by their door will be handing out treats.
- Cost: Free
Halloween Hikes and Hayrides
- When: Friday, Oct. 26 & Saturday, Oct. 27 from 6 - 10 p.m.
- Where: Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education, 8480 Hagy’s Mill Road.
- Why Go: Take a magical walk through woods aglow with jack-o-lanterns, where you'll meet friendly talking animals eager to share their nocturnal ways. Enjoy a hayride along a woodland road, a campfire, s'mores, and pumpkin painting, too. Pre-registration is required.
- Cost: $5 members, $7 non-members, $30 maximum per family. To register call 215-482-7300, ext. 110.
Roxborough Eagles Haunted Field House
- When: Friday, Oct. 26 & Saturday, Oct. 27 from 8 - 10 p.m.
- Where: Al Pearlman Sports Complex 455 Port Royal Ave
- Why Go: Have a spooky good time and help the youth football and cheerleading. This event is not for the faint of heart.
- Cost: $5
Grumblethorpe Philadelphia Orchard Day
- When: Saturday, Oct. 27 from Noon - 3 p.m.
- Where: Grumblethorpe, 5267 Germantown Ave.
- Why Go: Enjoy apple tasting, cider making, apple pressing, tree planting and tours of the autumn garden.
- Cost: Free
Trunk or Treat and Halloween Party
- When: Saturday, Oct. 27 at 5 p.m.
- Where: Church of Saint Alban, 6769 Ridge Ave
- Why Go: Bring the kids and have some Halloween fun. Trunk-or-Treat, pumpkin painting, games, costume contest, food and fun. For additional information on the event, volunteering or letting St. Alban's know how many kids to expect, please visit their event listing.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Oct. 27 at 8 p.m.
- Where: The Delaware Valley Opera Company, 5427 Germantown Ave, Phila, 19144
- Why Go: The Delaware Valley Opera Company is pleased to present this night of family-friendly Broadway tunes, old and new, includes fall-themed desserts and hot cider. And don't forget the costumes! Everyone is encouraged (but not required!) to wear a costume. Prizes will be awarded to audience members who come up with the best costumes. If you don't have a costume, DVOC has costumes available for rent in advance. Enjoy songs and duet selections from Oklahoma!, The King and I, Les Miserables, Wicked, Sweeney Todd and many more.
- Cost: $15