Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
Shop Near Run Far 5K
- When: Friday, Nov. 23 from 10 a.m. - Noon
- Why Go: Instead of rushing to the mall to shop this Black Friday, start your day off with a 5K run/walk down the recently refurbished Towpath. You will receive a Shopping/Dining List of Manyunk Black Friday specials along with a reusable canvas bag for your shopping convenience.
- Cost: $25 - $100 *The more you pay, the more you save.
- When: Saturday, Nov. 24 from 11 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Where: Downtown Manayunk
- Why Go: Small Business Saturday is a national initiative that declares a day to support the local businesses that create jobs, boost the economy, and preserve neighborhoods around the country. First there was Black Friday, then Cyber Monday. Now, Small Business Saturday is an event that drives shoppers to local, independently-owned merchants. Enjoy discounts, give-a-ways, live holiday music by B101, gift basket raffles, gift wrapping station and pictures with Santa.
- Cost: Free
- When: Saturday, Nov. 24, 1 – 3 p.m.
- Where: Morris Arboretum
- Why Go: Come out for the grand opening of the Holiday Garden Railway. Enjoy carolers, natural ornament or decoration making, and a fabulous a backdrop for your holiday greeting card, bring your camera!
- Cost: Free with admission
- When: Saturday, Nov. 24, 9 a.m. - 8 p.m. and Sunday Nov. 28 from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m.
- Where: Carpenter Lane & Greene St. (The Greene on Greene Building)
- Why Go: Shop local and shop handmade this holiday season. Saffron Pop-Up shop is a lovely boutique featuring the work of a hand selected group of artists from the Philadelphia area. Open for ONE weekend only!
- Cost: Free
Black Friday Freak Out
- When: Friday, Nov. 23, 7 p.m.
- Why Go: Enjoy an evening of food, friends and entertainment. Doors open at 6:30 p.m. And the first of three bands will take the stage at 7 p.m. Enjoy food from Drake's Gourmet Foods and Advance tickets available at Hideaway Music. Beer and wine is included in the ticket price. The evening will be catered by Drake’s Gourmet Foods, Primo Hoagies and Tavern on the Hill. Tickets can be purchased at the discounted price of $35 (cash only) at Hideaway Music in Chestnut Hill.
- Cost: $40 at the door