Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from 1 - 8 p.m.
- Where: Canal View Park, Manayunk
- Why Go: From 1 - 4 p.m. on Saturday, watch as a sleigh is carved out of ice. Then hop in with Santa to get your picture taken. From 6 - 8 p.m. enjoy live music from B101, holiday performances, hot chocolate and the tree lighting in Canal View Park.
- Cost: Free
Christmas Flea Market
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from 9 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- Where: Bethany Lutheran Church
- Why Go: Rain or shine, come out for the annual Christmas Flea Market. The flea market will be featuring Christmas items, books, household items, linens, jewelry, toys, a man cave and baked goods and food.
- Cost: Free
Old Academy Players Holiday Show
- When: Friday, Nov. 30 - Sunday, Dec. 2
- Where: Old Academy Players, 3544 Indian Queen Lane
- Why Go: Enjoy an evening of great singing and dancing along to the beautiful sounds of Andrew Lloyd Webber at the Old Academy Player's annual Holiday Show. Performances are at 8 p.m. on Friday and Saturday, and at 2 p.m. on Sunday.
- Cost: $15
- When: Saturday, Dec. 1 from Noon – 4 p.m.
- Where: Valley Green Inn, Forbidden Drive in Wissahickon Valley Park
- Why Go: The Friends of the Wissahickon invite you to come decorate your own holiday wreath while enjoying chestnuts roasting on an open fire, hot apple cider, lunch, and a winter hike.
- Cost: $30 for adults, $10 for children, special family package for $75 for two adults and two children.