Are you looking for something to do this weekend? Check out these great local events.
Winter Wellness Walks
- When: Saturday, Dec. 29 at 2 p.m.
- Where: The Schuylkill Center for Environmental Education 8480 Hagys Mill Rd, Philadelphia
- Why Go: Get out and stretch those legs with an invigorating walk along the beautiful woodland trails at the SCEE. The walk will be at a moderate pace, along one of their wider and more level trails.
- Cost: Members free; $5.00 nonmembers
- When: Saturday, Dec. 29 from 7:30 - 10:30 p.m.
- Why Go: Zesty's will host their second Opera Night this Saturday. Enjoy beautiful opera music and a three course greek meal. The night features opera singers John Nicholas Peters and Jessica Gruver.
- Cost: $40 for three course meal and opera
- When: Now through December 31, 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
- Where: Morris Arboretum, 100 W Northwestern Ave, Chestnut Hill
- Why Go: Come see the magical miniature world of the garden railway display, lit up and decorated for the holidays. Model trains zip in and out of tunnels and over bridges along the outdoor quarter mile track that runs through the village of historic Philadelphia landmarks.
- Cost: Free with admission
- When: Saturday, Dec. 29 at 8 p.m.
- Why Go: Celebrate the holiday at this special concert featuring The Philadelphia Mandolin and Guitar Ensemble with music by O'Carolan, Bach, Mozart and contempory jazz composer Jim Dragoni. The ensemble will be performing the styles of Brazilian Chro, Folkloric , Classical and Jazz. The ensemble is comprised of mandolins, spanish guitar, mandola, mando guitar, mandocello and 12 string guitar. There are two shows, one on SAT then a SUN matinee. www.emusictime.com.
- Reception and light refreshments to follow.
- Cost: $15 for church members, $20 for the public in advance, and $25 at the door.