If we're not hosting the Christmas meal this holiday season, it's still customary to offer to bring a side, appetizer or dessert. While many of us can whipped up a great meal for any occasion, others like to rely on the pros to help with the party.
Roxborough and Manayunk certainly possesses many great restaurants, bakeries and other food shops to pop in before the holiday. But you better act now, because orders will be filling up fast for these local haunts.
Check out our top 5 list (some suggested from our Facebook page), and feel free to add your favorites in the comments.
1. Tasty Twisters, 4901 Umbria St.—Pretzels. Website
2. T & F Farmers Pride, 8101 Ridge Ave.—Hoagie tray. Facebook
3. Sweet Elizabeth's, 4409 Main St.—Cupcakes. Facebook
4. Cafe Roma Pastry, 6147 Ridge Ave.—Christmas cookies. Facebook
5. 6156 Ridge Ave.—Brioche. Facebook
Note: Marchiano's in Manayunk posts a mid-Decemeber ordering deadline, which has already passed.