August’s First Friday in Manayunk is here, and there is enough music, art and drinks to go around. Take advantage of specials and cool featured artists open to the public on Main Street and beyond.
Here we have compiled five events worth checking out. Know of an event not listed, but worth visiting? Add it in the comment section below. Also feel free to visit First Friday’s Facebook page.
1. Today’s , Latitudes and Longitudes, hosts local artist—Jonah Isserman and his unique whimsical illustrations will be in the house. Wine and cheese will be for the taking and a guest photographer will be present until 9 p.m. Facebook.
2. Music, wine and pizza at —You can’t go wrong with free wine, pizza and live musical guests. This month, the store is featuring the alternative hip-hop group A Cool Stick. Recently, Manayunk Greenworks has also added artwork from local artists. Website.
3. Olympic spirits at —The Olympics are still underway and in their honor, Winnie’s is offering a variety of award-winning drinks. Feel like you are part of the games while sipping on London Lemonade, Go For Gold, Silver, or Bronze, or Team USA Sangria Flights. Website.
4. Treats, cocktails and trivia at —Sample a selection of the bakery's finest summer citrus desserts and cocktails while testing your knowledge in Food Trivia. Website
5. Wood aged beers at —Tonight the bar is ditching its ordinary drafts. Be adventurous and try individual pours and flights of four extraordinary wood aged beers: Allagash Curieux, Rougue's John-John Dead Guy, Dogfish Head's Burton Baton. Website.
For more information visit Manayunk's website.