Luckily, the weather has held out and Feb. 3 should be a great evening for First Friday in Manayunk.
The National Weather Service calls for partly cloudy skies with little chance of rain. It may get chilly, but temperatures should be around 40 degrees at 8 p.m. with minimal wind.
Several businesses will open up their doors for art galleries, live music, beer tastings and other specials, according to the Manayunk.com. Most deals are from 6 to 9 p.m., unless otherwise noted.
On deck for Friday will be:
- : The bookshop kicks off a month-long display of artwork from Albert G. Aldinger III and hosts an opening reception. Website
- Manayunk Greenworks: Eco-friendly boutique hosts wine, pizza and local acoustic guitar music (from 8 to 9 p.m.). Website
- : The new burger joint features art by Mandy David, Kendra Desimone, and Heather Stein, with sweet treats from La La's Land, and a Patron XO Cafe tasting. Website
- : A Murad representative offers a "Winterize Your Skin" event from 4 to 7 p.m. People may sign up for a 15-minute timeslot by coming in or calling 215-487-3333, extension 4. Website
- : The happy hour from 5 to 7 p.m. spotlights the Yards Brawler. Website
- : The Irish pub taps Mojo Risin'—in a CO2 keg, cask and nitro. Each of the three flights are paired with a shrimp egg roll served with a spicy orange ponzu sauce. Starts at 7 p.m. Website
- : The boutique presents an art exhibition of 30 prints by Portland illustrator Ryan Berkely. They promise a little wine & cheese, too. Website
Also on tap are prixe fixe menus at , , and others. Visit Manayunk.com for more info.